Verdicchio Restaurant & Wine Cellar
Verdicchio - More than just Food!
Experience the romance of Tuscany in a setting reminiscent of an Italian Villa, where you can savour the distinctive flavours of the Mediterranean. Our guests enjoy Italian cuisine at its very best, accompanied by a selection of wines from all over the world.
The pride of Verdicchio is its wine cellar setting, where tables are prepared for romantic dinners, special family occasions, or simply a celebration of life itself. Our wine cellar has been the scene of many wedding proposals, joyous birthday celebrations, and anniversaries – not to mention excellent business deals.
Housing more than 300 Labels of assorted varietals, vintages, rare wines, and champagnes, one of the most varied selections of any wine cellar in Johannesburg, has been awarded the Diamond Award for its extensive Wine List. Our wine list is an expression of our love for fine wine, as we constantly expand our offering.
There are few restaurants in Johannesburg that offer such a high level of Italian cuisine in such a truly romantic setting. The cuisine and ambience make a meal at the Verdicchio Italian restaurant in Montecasino simply unforgettable.
- Diners Club Wine List of the Year – Gold Award 2005
- Winner Best of Johannesburg – Best Italian Restaurant 2005
- Diners Club Wine List of the Year – Excellence Award 2006, 2007
- Diners Club Wine List of the Year - Diamond Award 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Montecasino Tenant of the Decade Award 2010
- Certificate of Excellence - TripAdvisor 2016
- Certificate of Excellence - TripAdvisor 2017
Sean studied at Christina Martin's Culinary School and thrived.
He currently works at Verdicchio Restaurant & Wine Cellar as a Kitchen Manager & Head Chef.
His cooking style is Mediterranean which fits in prefectly with the Verdicchio theme.
Currently Sean is working in dishes such as the Salmon Fish cakes with Lime Vinaigrette and Lamb Burger.
Group Capacity : 100+ People Cost Per Head : R150+
- Cuisine : Fine Dining, Greek, Grills, Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vegetarian, Wine bar
- Ambience : Business, Family, Formal, Quiet, Relaxed, Romantic, Trendy, Upmarket
- Dress : Smart/Casual
Credit Cards Accepted
Cross over Leslie Road. At the next traffic light intersection with Kingfisher, turn right into Montecasino Boulevard. Continue around the traffic circles and you will find entrances for Montecasino on your left-hand side.
Monday to Sunday 11:30 - Late
Specials at this Restaurant
Ends 28 February 2019
Travel back in time with beautiful scenery, mouth-watering food and so much wine. Immerse yourself in our authentic Italian atmosphere whilst having your taste buds set alight with our amazing continental flavours.
We cater to small and large functions and offer a choice of 3 unique dining areas to accommodate you in comfort.