A collection of restaurant related news from all over South Africa
World Famous Die Strandloper Restaurant has Opened!
24 July 2020
Join us on the beach at Die Strandloper Restaurant for lunch or dinner and a great time! We have something for everyone and a place for you too!
Enjoy a feast of seafood dishes, prepared in true West Coast style, by real West Coast people. Mussels pots, grilled harders, fish curry, freshly baked breads, delicious jams, roosterkoek, sweet potato – the list goes on. Bring your own refreshments or visit our famous Beach Bar as you listen to the sounds of a strumming guitar.
This is the land of good food, good cheer and good, old-fashioned Weskus hospitality. Bring your family and friends, book your corporate function, celebratory event or wedding. We’re ready and waiting for you at Die Strandloper – fires lit and seafood at the ready to bring you a truly memorable experience – all washed down with moer coffee, koeksusters and fantastic sea air vibes.
We believe that our restaurant being an open air restaurant does have an advantage in these times. Lots of fresh air flow and sunshine. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Please observe our covid-19 operating procedures on our website before booking!
Die Strandloper COVID 19 Standard Operating Procedures
What you need to do:
- You will be required to wear a mask. No mask no entry.
- When not seated at your table and walking around you will be required to wear your mask.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands at the Sanitize Station on arrival.
- You will be required to fill in a COVID 19 screening form.
- We will take your temperature. Temperature of 37.7 plus equals no entry.
- Remember your social distancing – 1.5 meters between staff and other guests.
- Be respectful of others.
What we will do:
- All our staff have been educated on the COVID-19 hygiene practices.
- All our staff will be wearing masks.
- Besides hand sanitizer stations being available, all our staff will also have their own small sanitizer on them to use throughout the day and in particular before any contact with food, food prep or any kind of service.
- We will seat guests at every second table thus ensuring social distancing while seated.
- There will be hand sanitizer on each guests table for you to use as required.
- Each guest table will have their own jams, butter, shell cutlery, serving tongs and salt, that will be for your tables use only.
- Guests will be called up table by table to collect the food every time a course is ready thus no queues and crowding with other guests around the food service tables. Remember to bring along your provided tongs to use to pick up the food (no communal tongs). We will monitor this to ensure smooth and efficient operation.
- There will be 4 serving tables at which guests will collect the food.
- Instead of all guests slicing their own bread, the bread will be sliced by a staff member who will be wearing a mask and be sanitized.
- As per usual practice paper plates will be in use for each course.
Book Your Feast At The Sea!
PS: Bookings for Christmas Lunch Open 1 October 2020 – Read More HERE
Langebaan, Western Cape Seafood, South African, Traditional
Die Strandloper is an internationally famous seafood restaurant situated on the Western Cape beach of Langebaan and offers ten courses over 3 to 4 hours. Lunch starts at 12am and spans the afternoo...