Mitchell's Scottish Ale House
Where the party never stops and the beer always flows!
Welcome to Mitchell’s! Where the party never stops and the beer always flows! Great location, fun atmosphere, friendly staff and a fully-loaded menu ready to satisfy even the biggest appetite – this is what we are known for! So you can relax and enjoy the upbeat vibes of the V&A Waterfront combined with amazing views of the Cape Town harbour and Table Mountain.
The School Of Whisky
At Mitchell’s we are passionate about everything Scottish. Especially their Water of Life (uisge- beatha)
Mitchell’s Scottish Ale House is proud of its Scottish roots, and we want to share our love of our national treasure with as many as we can…
Experience the beauty of Scotland’s best Whiskies with our daily Whisky Tasting Trays, available 7 days a week, from 11am till 2am. Hand selected Tasting Routes are designed to accommodate both the experienced connoisseur or those looking to sample for the first time. Our Tasting Routes are affordable, relaxed and informative.
Enjoy at your leisure in the heart of the V&A Waterfront whilst you sample 4 Whiskies from our extensive range of over 60 premium Scotch Whiskies… If you’d like any further information on our Whisky Tasting offerings, feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa Scotland Business Network
We are proud to be members of the Africa Scotland Business Network. A dynamic, globally minded Scottish business network in Africa founded and managed by 12 African and Scottish entrepreneurs #africascotland www.africascotland.network
Cost Per Head : R100+
- Cuisine : Breakfast, Grills, Light Meals, Pizza, Pub Meals, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Ambience : Bustling, Family, Fireplace, Pub, Relaxed, Traditional
- Entertainment : Dancing - casual
- Dress : Casual
Credit Cards Accepted
Cape Town Tourism
F1 Club now at Mitchell's Ale House - V&A Waterfront - Cape Town
22 February 2022 - Our long awaited F1 Club is finally here! 11 big screen TVs, 4 separate viewing areas and 17 local and international draught beers..... Members drink specials, R99 meal specials, F1 e...
2021 Battle of the Pipers at Mitchell's Scottish Ale House
17 November 2021 - The hunt for Cape Town's best solo bagpipers resumes! Join us every Wednesday from the 17th of November for a truly memorable Scottish evening. Bagpipers, our famous traditional pub menu an...
WIN a Trip for 2 to the Pilanesberg National Park with Mitchell's Scottish Ale House & Devil's Peak Brewing Company!
02 December 2020 - Win a weekend away to Ivory Tree Game Lodge in the Pilanesberg National Park brought to you by Mitchell’s Scottish Ale House & Devil’s Peak Brewing Company. How to enter? ...
Monday - Sunday: 9:00AM - Late
Specials at this Restaurant
Ends 30 March 2024
Ends 30 April 2024
A 3x200g beef patties, topped with cheddar and bacon, fried egg and onion rings served with chips.
Ask your waiter for more on the challenge*
Burger Challenge Rules:
- Tell your waiter you’d like to “Challenge That” Edinburgher, and your stride of pride can begin as you are about to take on to the Sultan of Swat, the King of Crash, the Colossus of Clout. AKA, the Mother of all burgers.
- We encourage moral support in form or fashion of huddles, group hugs, team pow-wows, etc. Trust us—you’ll need it.
- Your server will place a buzzer clock on your table to start the countdown. The clock is like hot lava, DO NOT TOUCH.
- Your Edinburgher only comes one way, with everything on it, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, bacon, fried egg and onion rings.
- You must eat everything on your plate (no big crumbs).
- You will have ten (10) minutes to complete the challenge.
- You must be timed by a Mitchells Ale House employee or representative.
- The Mitchells Challenge Burger will not be cut prior to challenge.
- If you “lose your lunch” at any point while at Mitchells or if the representative feels that you may “lose your lunch”, the challenge is over.
- Oh, and in case you’re interested, you clean up your “lunch” if you happen to “lose it”
- In the event you accomplish this mighty feat, you will receive a key ring and your picture on the Wall of Fame. Fail and you’ll forever face your picture on the Wall of Shame. And crying? There’s no crying at Mitchells!
- Mitchells Ale House may have the right to use your name and/or picture in future promotions.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and have proper I.D. to participate or have parent sign and agree to conditions.
- By entering this contest you do so by your own will and do not hold Mitchells Ale House responsible for any mishaps or for your actions in any way.
- You are not allowed to leave the table at any time while engaged in the challenge (yes, this means no potty breaks). You must remain at the table for 5 minutes following challenge.
- “Hero’s get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you’ll never go wrong.” -The Babe
When you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong and you’ll finally see the truth- that hero lies in you
Ends 30 April 2024
At Mitchell’s Scottish Ale House, we are on a mission to demystify Scotch Whisky!
We offer a wide range of affordable and bespoke Single Malt tasting trays to enjoy in an unpretentious and welcoming environment.
We are here to assist you in finding that perfect dram!
Whisky Tasting Times:
Our Whisky Tasting Trays are available from 11am till close daily. A choice of 4 whisky’s per route!
Ends 30 April 2024
The Mitchell’s F1 Club is dedicated to providing an environment where F1 fans from across Cape Town can meet and enjoy the sport we all love so much in an atmosphere that is unique to Mitchell’s Scottish Ale House!
You can also enjoy:
- Weekly Giveaways
- F1 Event Drink Specials
- Watch F1 on an 84" Big Screen
- Win a Johnnie Walker Whisky Keep
- Dedicated TVs and live commentary for Formula 1 events
- Access to our exclusive membership drink specials
- Prize giveaways on all race days
- Random monthly draw of a R500 voucher to one lucky member
Ends 29 February 2024