De Hoek Country Hotel
The cuisine and 5 star service at De Hoek is internationally acclaimed. The style of food served is French continental, and a new 5 course menu is designed every day, according to the freshest produce available.
The Conservatory is a beautiful dining room with glass doors looking out onto the pond area and lovely gardens, with a warm, cosy ambiance. Romantic 5 course, silver service dinners are served in this dining room. Pre-dinner drinks are served in the bar and elegant west terrace.
The restaurant has been selected as one of the top restaurants in South Africa and Magaliesburg over a period of many years , has won many culinary accolades and awards and now offers a chefs training course over three years, for aspiring young talent.
De Hoek Achievements
American Express Fine Dining – 2014, 2015, 2016
Diners Club International Wine List Platinum Award 2016
Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
Tripadvisor Travellers Choice 2016
Booking.com Award Winner 2015
Booking.com Award of Excellence 2014
Chef Robert MacKenzie
The Chefs at De Hoek are committed to food excellence and create sublime dining experiences every single day, 7 days a week. Every evening , the team offers a different and varied 5 course dinner, with the sourcing of only the best local and international suppliers and freshest seasonal produce available. Bread, brioche, biscuits, cakes and pasties are baked every day. Chocolates and pasta prepared en mass, all fish, meat and vegetable stocks and sauces are made from scratch. Poultry , meat and fish are sourced from various parts of the world and flown in fresh as possible.
Creative and unusual flavours are combined new food trends and this is combined with clever interpretation of classic French and Mediterranean dishes.
The food is beautifully plated and presented, with herbal bouquets picked fresh from herb gardens every morning.
De Hoek has been in the top 100 restaurants in South Africa for many years and has won many food accolades including American Express Fine Dining
Interesting and unique wines are sourced all over South Africa, with many visits made to the hotel by the Winemakers themselves. Old favourites and new finds appear on our wine lists which have been voted Best New Wine list in South Africa by Diners Club and Diamond for our Wine list on many occasion.
De Hoek uses the Le Verre de Vin preservation system which preserves wine and champagne and enables us to serve wonderful wines by the glass.
A hands-on, apprenticeship Chefs course of 3 years is offered at the hotel, for aspiring young talent who would like to cook up a storm in the hospitality industry.
Reservations for both restaurants are essential.
Follow Michael on Twitter @ChefMichaelH and De Hoek's Facebook page for #FoodieFridayRecipces on www.facebook.com/dehoek
Group Capacity : 20+ People Cost Per Head : R200+
- Cuisine : Bistro, Fine Dining, French, Picnics, Tapas
- Ambience : Business, Country, Fireplace, Formal, Quiet, Relaxed, Romantic, Upmarket
- Entertainment : Internet or WiFi
- Dress : Smart/Casual, Smart
Credit Cards Accepted
Gavin Ferreira is the new General Manager at De Hoek Country Hotel
26 January 2017 - Newly appointed General Manager at the Luxury De Hoek Country Hotel, Gavin Ferreira (34) is a longstanding Luxury Hotelier with strong managerial skills and ample experience in excellent customer s...
• Travel on the R28/N14 towards Krugersdorp untill you reach a 4 way intersection with traffic lights (Pinehaven Sasol Garage).
• At the 4 way intersection, turn right onto the R47 and travel for about 10km untill you reach a T-junction. At the T-junction (Oaktree Zenex Garage) - turn right onto R563.
• Travel for about 20km on the R563 (do not take the Tarlton road/turn off - continue on the R563) Do not turn left at the Maropeng sign, continue straight on. Continue through the mountain pass until you see the second Magaliesburg sign on the left. Turn left.
• Travel for about 8 km until you see the boards Bekker School & De Hoek Country House. Turn right.
• Travel until you reach the stop sign, turn left - travel for about 2km and you will see our gate on the left hand side. Turn left.
Specials at this Restaurant
Ends 31 March 2019
Ends 31 January 2018