A collection of restaurant related news from all over South Africa
More than 600 Global Restaurants, Bars and Hotels added to 50 Best Discovery Platform, including South Africa’s Babylonstoren, Singita and Marble Restaurant
26 January 2024
50 Best announced the addition of more than 600 new venues to its 50 Best Discovery platform, showcasing an even greater range of venues globally than ever before. The new additions feature more than 260 restaurants, 120 bars and 240 hotels in 10+ new cities and towns.
With this latest refresh, 50 Best Discovery now features 3 200 + hospitality establishments from across the world, each selected after receiving votes from the voting academies that create 50 Best’s world-leading global and regional lists.
A highly curated guide, 50 Best Discovery is an ultimate reference tool for discerning travellers, diners and cocktail-lovers. A combination of more than 3 000 Academy members – who are experts in their local restaurant, bar and hotel scenes vote for the venues that feature on the platform. 50 Best Discovery operates as an extension for the annual 50 Best rankings of restaurants, bars and hotels, though it is not itself a ranking.
Following the inaugural list of the World’s 50 Best Hotels, revealed in September 2023, more than 240 hotels have been added to the 50 Best Discovery platform. This addition of hotels cements 50 Best Discovery as the leading authoritative global reference point for the very best hospitality experiences across the world.
Of the latest venues to qualify for 50 Best Discovery, international highlights include the following:
- Italy is making a strong presence on the platform with new venues across restaurants, bars and hotels with additions including Villa d’Este, Nik’s & Co. and Bentoteca, all in Milan. Como and Positano are now represented in 50 Best Discovery with the addition of, respectively, the Passalacqua and Le Sirenuse hotels.
- Nimes, France features on 50 Best Discovery for the first time with the addition of the restaurant Rouge. Paris restaurant Mosuke and Le Voltaire are also new to the database.
- New restaurants in Mexico have been added to 50 Best Discovery, including Animalon in Valle de Guadalupe, Cara de Vaca in Monterrey and Huniik in Merida.
- Various destination across Asia are featured on 50 Best Discovery for the first time. Japan sees bars from three new cities included: Top Note in Hiroshima, Bar Savant in Nara and El Lequio in Okinawa.
- Southeast Asia’s new destination are led by hotels in Thailand including Six Senses Yao Noi in Phang Nga and amanpuri in Phuket as well as Bawah Reserve in Anambas Archipelago, Indonesia.
- Queenstown, New Zealand is now included on the platform with the addition of Rosewood Matakauri.
- The new upload features two venues from Africa, one bar in Kenya and one restaurant in South Africa: Beit e Selam in Nairobi and Marble in Johannesburg.
- For hotels, Botswana and Rwanda make their debut on 50 Best Discovery with Xigera in Delta and Singita Kwitonda Lodge in Musanze, respectively. South African additions include Singita Kruger National Park in Kruger National Park and Balyonstoren in The Winelands.
- From the US, New York bars lead with Milady’s Superbueno and Mister Paradise. Chicago also features with bars Meadowlark and Nine Bar, while Seattle bar The Doctor’s Office and Austin’s The Roosevelt Room also debut.
For more information on the 50 Best Discovery, please visit the website HERE
Paarl, Western Cape African, Contemporary, Country, South African, Vegetarian
Babel Restaurant Housed in the old cowshed, Babel Restaurant is a wonderful mix of Cape Dutch architecture and contemporary glass walls that makes for a simple yet edgy environment in ...