A collection of restaurant related news from all over South Africa
Le Pommier Wine Estate - Covid-19
18 March 2020
Following the new measures announced by the South African Government on Sunday 15 March, additional precautionary measures have been implemented to safeguard our employees and loyal guests’ wellbeing.
We are a small family-owned business employing 25 staff members in the hospitality department and will remain open until further notice.
We have implemented even more stringent hygiene practices to our existing cleaning and sanitation procedures as precautionary measures.
- Please do not come into the restaurant if you’re feeling unwell, especially during this time that we know respiratory illnesses are being spread through airborne particles people are breathing in the same areas.
- Managers sends home employees that come in with symptoms of a respiratory illness, or have a fever.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various points in the restaurant for our patrons to use.
- Our staff are following stringent hand washing regiments.
- Our tables are thoroughly sanitized daily and after every use.
- We have removed all cutlery, crockery and glasses and are laying the tables as our guests arrive.
- We have arranged tables to allow more space between guests, considering social distancing principle.
- We have reduced our restaurant capacity with 50%. Menus will be sanitized after every use.
- All surfaces, door handles etc. are frequently sanitized Toilets are sanitized and cleaned thoroughly on a more frequent basis.
We do offer takeaways, you are welcome to call in your order for food and wine and pick up on your way home.
Stellenbosch, Western Cape Breakfast, Cape Malay, Country, Grills, Light Meals, Pizza, South African, Vegetarian
Le Pommier Restaurant with its distinctive French name, is a reminder that the part of the farm on which it stands was once a flourishing apple orchard. Nestled amongst the vineyards at the foot of...