Meloncino Ristorante - Bar - Pizzeria Italiano
One Spectacular Venue!
Meloncino serves traditional Roman food with a contemporary modern touch. Home-made pasta and authentic Italian sauces, steaks and seafood are available from the charcoal grill. Pizzas are created in our wood fired oven with thin base (Roman Style) and thick base (Neapolitan Style). To stay faithful to the original recipes, the majority of our ingredients and wines are fully imported from Italy.
Being located on the second floor of Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre, above the quay, gives the restaurant commanding views of the magnificent Table Mountain and the working harbour below. It's the perfect setting for sundowners, lazy afternoons and leisurely evenings.
In Addition Meloncino:
- Provides guests with home-made pasta, breads and biscotti.
- Creates pizzas in a wood fired oven.
- Prepare meals on an open fire charcoal grill.
- Specialise in Italian coffee.
- Has a Deli Bar where you can select from our display of Italian delicacies.
- We offer gluten free pizzas on request.
- We offer gluten free pastas on request.
- Our menu is Halaal friendly.
- Private/semi private functions areas
- Meloncino is trendy and just the place to hold the private function that you have been planning.
- Meloncino has the unique advantage of being in the hub of the Mother City while boasting spectacular views of the iconic Table Mountain. The concept of a semi private function area allows a group to enjoy the intimacy which an event calls for – whether a corporate conference, product launch or private celebration. Various areas of Meloncino can be sectioned off for a private feel to accommodate different needs.
- We have a selection of set menus for you to choose from for a private function or group to suit your budget. Please contact us for further information on our set menus.
- Let us assist you in planning your next successful social event.
Cocktail bar & lounge area
- Meloncino has a breathtaking modern bar lounge area overlooking the popular V&A Waterfront. The experience of sipping a cold, refreshing drink while enjoying spectacular views of the Waterfront's working harbor is truly rewarding!
- Join us between 16h00 and 18h00 every day for our 50% off "Sundowner Special".
- Meloncino's ultra-modern wine cellar has a selection of over 150 wines to choose from, making it a must for wine connoisseurs looking to experience the Cape winelands in a bottle.
- Italian wines are also available.
Our Must Try Meals!
All our pizzas are served the traditional Roman style (thin base). Napoletan style pizza (thick base) is available on request.
SPAGHETTI SCOGLIO IN CARTA FATA
Spaghetti with fresh black mussels, queen prawns, Patagonian calamari, baby octopus, fresh line fish, cherry tomato and chili, served in a transparent wrapping. (Also available with Risotto)
MILLEFOGLIE DI FILETTO CON FUNGHI PORCINI E SALSA TARTUFATA
Medallions of prime beef fillet, topped with a creamy black truffle and porcini mushroom sauce, served with a light pommes puree.
FAGOTTINI DI POLLO
Chicken paillard filled with asparagus, smoked scamorza cheese and Italian prosciutto (ham), cooked
in a creamy, Klipdrift Gold brandy and mushroom sauce, served with a light pommes puree.
ARAGOSTA ALLA GRIGLIA
Fresh rock lobster (crayfish) grilled on an open-fire grill, basted in lemon butter. Served with Italian savoury rice and thinly sliced home-made crisps. Sauces (On request): Garlic butter, lemon butter,
Cost Per Head : R150+
- Cuisine : Cocktails, Contemporary, Cosmopolitan, Fine Dining, Grills, Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza, Seafood, Vegetarian
- Ambience : Trendy
- Entertainment : Internet or WiFi
- Dress : Smart/Casual, Casual
Credit Cards Accepted
Cape Town Tourism
11am - 11pm, Monday - Sunday, 365 days a year.